ECA Working Groups & Task Forces
The ECA Working Groups (WGs) and Task Forces (TFs) are composed of ECA Members who contribute with their high expertise in delivering strong and clear positions that benefit the cocoa industry.
On average, three projects (that typically run over a two to five year time-span) are administered and managed via the Research Fund at the same time.
Current and past projects include:
- Cocoa Bean Quality Requirements Guide (available here in English, French and Spanish) – completed
- Detection of Cocoa Swollen Shoot Virus (CSSV) – completed
- Research on the improvement of yield efficiency and resilience to climate change through better use of cocoa genetic resources (within the Collaborative Framework of Cacao Evaluation – CFCE): phase 1 completed – phase 2 underway
- Research on occurrence and mitigation of cadmium in cocoa: phase 1 completed – phase 2 underway
- Research on main sources of MOH contamination and entry points into the cocoa supply chain – underway
- To understand the genetic basis of resistance to VSD in cacao and to develop high-throughput DNA tools to permit Marker Assisted Selection – underway
- Mitigation of Aluminium contamination of cocoa beans – underway
- Spatially-explicit recommendations for optimal levels of shade-tree cover for sustainable cocoa production – underway